Durban Undersea Club, “DUC”, as its familiarly known, is a family orientated, social activities club for people that have an interest in the ocean and it’s beaches. The club offers activities & facilities such as:
DUC is situated on the beach in Durban at Vetch’s Pier, between Ushaka Marine World and the northern harbour breakwater.
The facilities at the club include the following:
- A large clubhouse with bar and kitchen facilities
- Clean ablutions
- Dining area
- Fully equipped dive locker with a 450lt/min air and Nitrox compressor
- 12 sets of SCUBA Equipment for hire
- A washing up area with rinse baths and showers for dive kit and boats
- Safe parking with controlled access
- Easy foot access to the beach from the sun tanning lawn area outside the clubhouse.
The beach in front of the clubhouse is protected from large waves and currents by the Vetch’s pier breakwater, at +/- 500m long submerged reef which, along with adjacent limestone reef, is home to hundreds of species of marine life and is a great snorkel and or shallow Scuba Dive (max 6m depth).
The calm waters and protection from the Bluff makes the DUC beach one of the safest and best for beachgoers with children.
So, don’t drift with the rest, come and join the best at DUC.
For more information on the club and it’s facilities and activities checkout the Clubhouse Page.